Air Link are following advice from the World Health Organization, Australian Government Health Organization and NSW Government with regard to the management of the Coronavirus COVID-19.
Coronavirus is a large family of viruses that can make humans and animals sick. They cause illnesses that can range from the common cold to more severe diseases.
COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. People with coronavirus may experience:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- Shortness of breath.
COVID-19 is spread from person to person and most likely spread through:
- Close contact with an infectious person
- Contact with droplets form an infected persons cough or sneeze
- Touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person then touching your mouth or face.
What are Air Link doing?
Air Link pride ourselves on the cleanliness and presentation of our aircraft. As such, we have instigated an increased stringent cleaning program with antibacterial, antimicrobial products.
Safety notices have been issued to staff with regard to transmission, hygiene and symptoms of COVID-19. Staff who have travelled overseas or transited through any of the high or moderate risk countries are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
As a local business, we need to continue to operate as much as possible; the rural regions we fly to need our help too. As our regular flights are domestic, and low risk – we trust that you will continue to fly with Air Link during this time.
What we are doing for our passengers?
- Passengers who present for check-in with flu like symptoms will be refused travel.
- Passengers will asked if they have been overseas and travelled to or through any country on the High or Moderate Risk listing provided by the Australian Government. Any passenger who has travelled through or transited through any of these countries in the past 14 days, will be refused travel.
- Passengers will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to boarding the aircraft.
Requirements for Passengers travelling to regional areas
Bourke, Walgett, Lightning Ridge
Passengers travelling to Bourke, Walgett & Lightning Ridge are required to self assess their physical condition prior to presenting for check in. If you think you may have any of the symptoms mentioned above, do not report for check in and contact Air Link operations by phone to reschedule your flight.
Please note that if you are travelling and present with symptoms you will be refused travel.
If you have any questions of Air Link, please email the Safety and Quality Manager at email@example.com
Additional Information can be found at: